Kniterary is hiring in Whitby! We are looking for experienced knitters, with experience in crochet, embroidery, weaving, felting and spinning, with a strong retail background to work part-time (~21 hours a week for now), in our retail shop. Kniterary can be a demanding and fast-paced environment at times, but it is always a friendly environment with knowledgeable staff known for providing excellent customer service.
Position requirements include, but are not limited to:
- exceptional retail sales and customer service skills
- 1-3 years experience managing a retail shop
- excellent problem-solving skills
- ability to interpret knitting and crochet patterns to assist our customers with appropriate yarn selections
- knowledge of various fiber qualities and ability to recommend suitable yarn substitutions when necessary
- basic computer and math skills
- ease in working with a computer-based POS system
- comfort in working on a Windows 7 computer
- open to learning new skills
- strong background in the fiber arts
- ability to lift 25 pounds, stand, squat, reach, bend, sit, climb, lean and stand for long periods of time
- ability to work independently or as part of a team
- ability to work with multiple customers during busy periods
- ability to work Saturdays, and Thursday evenings
Nice to haves:
- Comfort using variety of websites and social media platforms
- Familiarity and comfort in WordPress
Kniterary in Whitby is open Tue-Wed & Fri, 11 AM to 6 PM, Thur. noon to 9 PM, and Sat. 10 AM to 5 PM. We offer a relaxing and creative environment in which to learn and hone new skills from technical, to sales, to creative, as well as the opportunity to become more deeply linked to the local fibre arts community. Starting pay rate is $14 / hour with the opportunity for increases as the business grows. We also offer a competitive employee discount.
To apply, please email your resume, in addition to 3 relevant professional references, to: Christina Vinogradov (email@example.com) by Saturday, November 24, 2018 at 11:59:59 PM.